Flessie's Friends Around the World Beer Club!!

Discussion about the Monthly Flockers Get Together and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Unread postby Gilfish » Aug 20 2006, 12:10 pm

Cconfacecat & I have completed our beer around the world tour and have received probably the most expensive t-shirts that we have every gotten for free. However, it was well worth making the trip. I really enjoyed most of the beers and was shocked as to how many good tasting beers there are around the world. However, there are a few beers that I will not revisit.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

What about Yuengling?

Unread postby DisplacedFlamingo » Jan 30 2007, 08:41 am

I was perusing the list of beers and was surprised to see that Yuengling Lager wasn't on the list. Not only is it America's oldest beer but it happens to be the best lager ever made (personal opinion of course). Sadly I think it is only available on the East Coast. Perhaps someone on here would be able to smuggle it into the Chimes?
Formerly FlamingoCaesar of spanishtownmardigras.com
DisplacedFlamingo
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Unread postby Gilfish » Jan 30 2007, 08:50 am

You are right Yuengling is a very good beer and I believe that Jen* and Greg would also agree with us on that point. A few weeks ago 5 of us went to the closest place to buy it that was in Mobile, Al. We obtained both bottles and cans and my personal feeling is that the bottles so much better than the cans. We will have Yuengling and hopefully Erdinger another beer you can not get in Louisiana at the ball.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Previous

Return to Flocker's Monthly Get Together