Do the monthly flockers get together still go on?

Discussion about the Monthly Flockers Get Together and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Do the monthly flockers get together still go on?

Unread postby DisplacedFlamingo » Jan 04 2007, 02:20 pm

Is this open to anyone who just wants to drop in and say hi? I just moved back to Baton Rouge from Florida and believe me it was hard explaining to people there about Spanish Town Marid Gras. Most of the responses were "but why a pink flamingo". No one got it :( It would be nice to get reacclimated to BR by meeting up with some fellow flockers. Hell, I've been on this site since 2003!
Formerly FlamingoCaesar of spanishtownmardigras.com
DisplacedFlamingo
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Unread postby Weborah » Jan 04 2007, 02:35 pm

Yes, Displaced - BackAgainFlamingo, The Get Togethers are open to all who want to attend.

A good why to explain the "Pink Flamingos" is to send them a link to the Flamingos?? page. :)

I got word from Gilfish that the Flockers Monthly Get Together has been suspended during the "Season" and will be resumed soon after.

aka Weborah
Weborah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Gilfish » Jan 04 2007, 10:13 pm

Welcome Back Displacesflamingo

We would enjoy your company at the monthly flockers night out once they resume which should be the 3rd Saturday in March. We have good friends who attend frequently who enjoy having a good time. I am sure that you would be a good addition to the group. We started the group for people who did not want wait a whole year to see the people that they enjoy being with during the Mardi Gras Season. We have stopped the monthly get together for a couple of mionths tol get us past the busy time since a several people in the group are current or Former Spanish Town Royalty or belong to Krewes who are busy getting ready for the Ball and Parade. Again stay tuned to this section of the forum for further information. Stop by the Queens Float and introduce yourself coonface cat is this years queen and I play many supporting roles for her. What part of Florida did you live in? We have many friends and relatives in the Greater Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota/Bradington area. Several who will be attending the Ball this year.

Look foprward to meeting you.

GilFish
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby DisplacedFlamingo » Jan 10 2007, 02:28 pm

Hey Weborah, thanks for the reference to the article, it was a great read! Dr. Jocelyn Donlon was actually my folklore professor way back in 1997 at LSU who initially got me interested in the Spanish Town festivities (this will be my 10 year Spanish Town Anniversary, I should do something special). Thanks also for the welcome back, I will definitely make it to the March get together.

Oh,Gillfish, I lived in Lakeland, Fl (outside of Tampa on the way to Orlando) or like I called it 9'th Circle of Hell.
Formerly FlamingoCaesar of spanishtownmardigras.com
DisplacedFlamingo
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Re: Do the monthly flockers get together still go on?

Unread postby Gilfish » Apr 02 2008, 10:24 pm

Yes, we still get together. We will be making a bus trip to Fred's in Mamou on May 10th, 2008. If you would like to go send a private message to Gilfish. You can go to Monthly Flockers Night Out III to get additional information about the trip.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Return to Flocker's Monthly Get Together