Throw Backs

Discussion about the Parade and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Throw Backs

Unread postby juggle708 » Feb 05 2005, 07:53 pm

Had a great time riding today, except for several of the revelers throwing things at the floats. A number of our folks got hit in the face when they looked up from getting beads. Not good!
juggle708
New Flocker
New Flocker

Throwbacks

Unread postby SPLASH » Feb 06 2005, 01:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying that yesterday was awesome!
Being a first time entry in the STParade most of our riders had no idea of how much fun they were going to have.
I must say that the majority of the revelers were great, and because of our kicka** music we had many of them dancing in the streets with our rather flamboyant walkers as we "gayly" sailed past. But there are always a few bad apples.
As a walker for many years I knew of some of the troubles we might encounter, but what a pelting we got! In return, we kept a good attitude and playfuly tossed them back at the bastards blowing kisses and waving as they heckled and made other more crude offers and gestures. What else could we do but try to keep spreading the Mardi Gras Spirit?

All of my riders and walkers agreed that despie some open hostility, not to mention the throws we got back, we would all do it again in a heartbeat.

Patrick
SPLASH
Show Director
SPLASH
New Flocker
New Flocker

throwbacks

Unread postby daver » Feb 07 2005, 02:10 pm

I know what you mean. Last year we had the same problem; in fact, we got one fat lip and one lump on the head out of the deal. This year, we had absolutely no problems, because we were second in the lineup! Makes a big difference!
daver
Flocker
Flocker

Return to Parade Discussion