MONTHLY FLOCKERS GET TOGETHER

Discussion about the Monthly Flockers Get Together and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Unread postby GRHM » Apr 04 2006, 10:42 am

Thank you my dear...
You can do it without having to drink many of the dark beers. and in good fashion my last beer of the 60 was a redhoe... I thought that fitting for this group...
GRHM
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Unread postby Gilfish » Apr 04 2006, 11:37 pm

We down to the East Chimes today and signed up, got the beer list and am already started. I think my next beer will be the seaweed ale from Scotland possibly followed by a tangleridge chaser. As coonfacecat said we went to Germany for Octoberfest back in the early 80's for 6 weeks and several of us had a contest to see who could dring the most varities of beers. I lost with 146 different beers but them I was handicapped since I was the designated driver not to memtion that I was also trying a lot of different wines as well. Nothing like a few beers, some wine and the autobon at 120mph. Would not want to try that again as you really start getting tunnelvision and really have to watch for those porches and lambriginies that come flying up behind you, pass you and leave you in just a few moments. All in all a lot of fun.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby GRHM » Apr 05 2006, 07:04 am

NO!!!! not the seaweed... and what ever you do stay away from the Kulmbacher EKU 28 maybe we can start a list of the bad beers.... and the EKU 28 needs to be on the TOP
GRHM
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Unread postby Gilfish » Apr 05 2006, 09:25 am

GRHM,

A list of BAD beers :smt030 is a good suggestion :smt023 . It would really be nice to be able to steer others in the group away from those beers that are difficult to stomach :smt078 . I am not a real big beer drinker but thought this would be fun to try. What do you think aeonicos.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Flessie's Friends round the world

Unread postby GRHM » Apr 05 2006, 11:09 am

That's a thought.. We can call it "Flessie's Friends go around the world" then once we get our t-shirts we dye them pink..... :smt025
Now I'm not sure we would want to call them BAD beers, as I'm sure there is no such thing. Just some are much better then others...
Maybe we can have a beer thread going and keep a running list of who liked what beers and their progress around the word...
Who know what this could become :smt096
GRHM
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

Unread postby brewmeister » Apr 06 2006, 11:51 am

Truly the only BAD beer is one that was spilled and not quaffed. Here, here for a pink round the world club! Brewmeister
brewmeister
Flocker
Flocker

Recomended Beers

Unread postby GRHM » Apr 06 2006, 12:43 pm

Well here are 5 from the draft list to start with..
Blue Moon
Guiness Stout
Hoegaarden
Spaten Franziskaner
Woodchuck Dark & Dry Cider
GRHM
Veteran Flocker
Veteran Flocker

PreviousNext

Return to Flocker's Monthly Get Together