Krewe Names

General Discussion about anything and everything.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Krewe Names

Unread postby Rosie P. » Jan 19 2007, 09:15 pm

Is there a list of all the krewe names anywhere? My husband and I (along with a few family members and friends) want to come up with a krewe for next year, but we don't want to take any names that are already out there. If there is no set "list", feel free to post your krewe name here so it won't be duplicated and/or so we won't get sued for copyright infringement! :wink:

Thanks!
Rosie
"Don't dream it. Be it." ~Rocky Horror Picture Show~
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby cobrew » Jan 24 2007, 04:11 pm

Krewe of Esteedee is our name, but I doubt that is something that you would have used

8)
cobrew
New Flocker
New Flocker

Unread postby Artsy » Jan 25 2007, 01:10 pm

Rosie,
I would think whatever you did come up with would be fine....... heck, the parade is so large that if you did duplicate someone's name, they'd probably never know! We're "Krewe~LaMoula" aka Krewe de Mouk, Krewe of Moola, Krewe of Mouch....... What can I say? We're all of the above..... HA!
Artsy
Queen 2006
Queen 2006

Unread postby Rosie P. » Jan 26 2007, 10:40 am

Thanks! I was kind of thinking that but wasn't sure what the "rules" were when submitting a name. :)
"Don't dream it. Be it." ~Rocky Horror Picture Show~
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby pinkmyztique » Jan 27 2007, 04:14 pm

There is a list of Krewe names somewhere(check with one of the parade registration . Something similar to an existing name would be fine but not exactly identical due to possible "mistaken identity" :shock: when it come to bribery and whatnot. I suggest doing some research on it before choosing a name to avoid confusion and hurt feelings. Some Krewes may have had the same name for years.
...in accordance with the Prophecy.
pinkmyztique
New Flocker
New Flocker

Unread postby Gilfish » Jan 27 2007, 06:15 pm

Although we have been associated with Spanish Town for years we have never had a float till this year so we are using a name that we have tossed around for years. It is " The Krewe of Bierbog" and also use in our banner " The ancient Order of Froth Blowers." Be creative and have fun with putting a name together. Good luck, have fun and stop by the queens table or float and introduce yourself.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby queenalainna » Feb 07 2007, 02:03 pm

Greetings, Rosie P.! I am Queen Alainna of 2003, co-founder of the original Krewe of Good Times. Pink Myztique is definitely steering you in the right direction with regard to NOT copying another krewe's name. Since you asked about the issue in the first place, you obviously care about being courteous-- and original. I was told (by a board member) that two krewes cannot have the exact same name. A new krewe copied our name a couple of years ago, and the duplication has caused problems at the drivers' meeting (with float numbers), at the judges' bribery dinner, on parade day, etc. You are also correct about the possible legal ramifications. Our krewe name is registered with the state, and we were advised (by the Secretary of State's office) to take legal action against the other krewe that uses our name. Anyway, I'm sure you'd rather be original and creative; it's more fun to stand out than to use something someone else thought of first. Good luck with your new krewe, and thanks for showing common courtesy to the existing krewes.
queenalainna
Queen 2003
Queen 2003

Next

Return to Chit Chat & General Information