2005 Ball

Got a problem or have suggestions to make things better?

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Who thought the 2005 2nd band BLEW!!

yes
73%
no
18%
to drunk to care
9%

Total votes : 11

2005 Ball

Unread postby runstacy01 » Jan 16 2005, 07:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone else eas disappointed with the 2nd band. We left because they sucked SO BAD!! I noticed that lots of other people were leaving to. I have been going to the ball several years and last year was the only decent band that I can remember. Please someone on the board - audition the band beforehand!
runstacy01
New Flocker
New Flocker

loved the band

Unread postby daver » Jan 17 2005, 11:54 pm

Sorry, I'm a big fan of the subdudes. I stuck with 'em 'til the very end. They were awesome. However, I will admit two things:

1. They are an original concert type act. Perhaps not appropriate for a dance of this type.

2. The sound system was not optimal. That goes for the first band, too. Probably a difficult room to deal with acoustically.

Check out the subdudes CD's. They have several. You'll grow to love 'em.
daver
Flocker
Flocker

I give the ball a 9.0 rating

Unread postby Gilfish » Jan 18 2005, 08:28 pm

I have gone to all of the Spanishtown balls and I am already trying to come up with some type of outragous table piece for next year. I got there as the doors opened, began drinking and walking around checking out the sights and there were some lovely sights. As for the music I have heard the subduds before and have alway enjoyed their music. However, I agree with daver that there was something that just was not right with the either the equipment or the acustics. However, my ability to hear the music they were playing may have been impaired by the 3/4 of a fifth of Tangleridge that I consumed.

Any way two thumbs up to the SPLL Board everyone that I talked to really had a good time at this years ball.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Return to Whine, Bitch and Gripe