2009 BALL IS NOW HISTORY WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS

Discussion about the Ball and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

2009 BALL IS NOW HISTORY WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS

Unread postby Gilfish » Feb 01 2009, 09:27 pm

Guy's of the SPLL Board you put together another :party: party to top all other parties. Everyone who had a hand in making this such a success I give :smt023 2 thumbs up :smt023 . Everyone I talked to loved the music :dancegirls: . The costumes and table decorations were wonderful. Only had one *##&"%$ :moon2: who stood in the isle blocking the Queen's entry. After a few moments persuaded him to move. You know there is always one in every crowd. Royalty :king: :queen: and Grand Marshall did a good job on stage and I know that they are glad it is over. I talked to many people and found that there were a lot of BALL VIRGINS there having a great :whee: time and said they would want to come back to future Spanish Town Mardi Gras Balls.

So, again :boobs: CUDO'S TO YOU THE SPLL BOARD :boobs: for all you do to bring us such a wonderful time.

Let me here from the rest of you if you had a good time.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Re: 2009 BALL IS NOW HISTORY WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS

Unread postby I-DA-HO » Feb 02 2009, 11:55 am

Let me begin this by saying our krewe had 11 tables and the ball started out great. Super choice in music! :dancegirls:
There were two men (a term I use LOOSELY) who, for whatever reason, decided they needed to see who could run the fastest through a venue of 3,000 + people. They were running in the direction of a bricked in corner - no exits or any other people. We had the tables all the way to the end.
The first one passed us by. The second of these idiots :loser: obviously lost his balance (imagine that) and injured 3 people with our krewe. The first lady he hit was knocked over backward in her chair. The second was her husband, who fell, as he tried to catch her. He then "bounced" off of the table, crossed the aisle, and hit one of our krewe members straight on. He hit her so hard that her feet went out and up. She fell backward to the floor with him falling on top of her - a "body slam". After he scrambled around in his drunken stupor to get up, he began LAUGHING and RAN AWAY!!!! Honorable, huh?
She was knocked unconcious and had to be put on a stretcher and taken to the hospital by ambulance. She has a concussion and a knot the size of a tennis ball on the back of her head - WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING????? :gangup:
Maybe these men (again, loose term) should consider waiting until they are big enough to handle their liquor before they decide to drink again.
Hope they had a good time.....They sure ruined it for us. :cry:
I-DA-HO
New Flocker
New Flocker

Unread postby Weborah » Feb 02 2009, 01:05 pm

Gilfish wrote:Guy's of the SPLL Board you put together another :party: party to top all other parties. Everyone who had a hand in making this such a success I give :smt023 2 thumbs up :smt023 . Everyone I talked to loved the music :dancegirls: . The costumes and table decorations were wonderful. Only had one *##&"%$ :moon2: who stood in the isle blocking the Queen's entry. After a few moments persuaded him to move. You know there is always one in every crowd. Royalty :king: :queen: and Grand Marshall did a good job on stage and I know that they are glad it is over. I talked to many people and found that there were a lot of BALL VIRGINS there having a great :whee: time and said they would want to come back to future Spanish Town Mardi Gras Balls.

So, again :boobs: CUDO'S TO YOU THE SPLL BOARD :boobs: for all you do to bring us such a wonderful time.

Let me here from the rest of you if you had a good time.

I agree Gil, OUTSTANDING JOB once again SPLL!!!

I-DA-HO Krewe, I'm so sorry this happened and I hope your friends are okay.

aka Weborah
Weborah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Gilfish » Feb 02 2009, 05:36 pm

I-Da-Ho, I am sorry your evening was spoiled and people in your group were hurt. Did this happen before, during or after the royalty ceremony on stage? Can you describe what they looked like and what they were wearing? Maybe someone on this site might be able to identify them so they can be held accountable for their actions. Everyone who took pictures should upload them so that persons in your group might possible be able to look at them and hopefully identify those involved. Then the photos of the idiots could be posted to see if anyone knows who they are so action could be taken against them. Further more if they were able to be identified I think that they should also be banned from any and all future Spanish Town events. These two are imature F :censored: king idiots and should have been taken out and beaten before being turned over to the police.

I hope and pray for the speedy recovery of those who were injured and also hope and pray that those who caused it gets what is coming to them. You showed a lot of restraint as I would have put them in the hospital if they had hit my wife like that.
Krewe out for fun
Always looking for that next pink encounter
Gilfish
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby Rosie P. » Feb 02 2009, 05:47 pm

This was my 4th ball, and as usual it was great! We had a most outstanding time! Yay Board!! :cheer:

Deborah, I'm SO glad I finally got to see you this year! You have to send me that picture of us!

I-Da-Ho, I agree with Gil, that really sucks what happened to you and your party. They should definitely be held accountable and banned from future events. And maybe there should be more security on hand at the ball...??? :stop: Hopefully everything will turn out ok. I will keep them in my prayers.

Rosie
"Don't dream it. Be it." ~Rocky Horror Picture Show~
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby Weborah » Feb 02 2009, 07:07 pm

Rosie, it was great to see you too, I'll send you the photo!

As harsh as this sounds - no matter how much security you have when you put 3,000+ people together you're gonna have stupid people who do idiotic things and get away with it at other peoples expense. :mad:

aka Weborah
Weborah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rev. rob » Feb 02 2009, 07:23 pm

Message from the king:
Now THAT is what I call a party. Thanks to the fab folks with the SPLL. Thanks to the incredible musicians. Queen, what a production! I loved it. Jim, great speech, same costume!
Thanks Baton Rouge!!!
Rob Payer
P.S.
King's party at B@D's on 3rd st this weekend
Hope to see ya there
rev. rob
New Flocker
New Flocker

Next

Return to Ball Discussion