2009 BALL IS NOW HISTORY WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS

Discussion about the Ball and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

Lost Cameras

Unread postby 7layersalad » Feb 07 2009, 11:31 pm

Our Krewe had a great time at the ball and had many ball virgins who are now fans. :hoorah:

The only problem we've had is that two members of our party lost their digital cameras. The camera's were used all evening, and when we were leaving, they were missing from the tables. We hate to think that anyone would steal them, and are hoping that somebody picked them up by accident and now doesn't know to whom they belong.

If anybody has a camera that they found, please contact me via this message board, so we can determine if it is one of our's. Thanks! :)
7layersalad
New Flocker
New Flocker

Re: 2009 BALL IS NOW HISTORY WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS

Unread postby avenger » Feb 09 2009, 08:38 pm

Well I guess the secrets out,STMG Ball isn't just for queers anymore(thanks to David A for that parade theme).When in fact we welcome all our offbeat friends to live large at the ball.Everybodies welcome including: oddballs,the challenged(physical,mental,and socially),screwballs,criminally insane(only on their meds)potheads,but definitely no crackheads,space aliens(the thing in the green lycra sock from above his head to toe with dainty pink braided mops hanging from his belt)Kissheads,druellers,superheros,and so on...Get exhausted from drinking and dancing,have a sit,and checkout your neighbors at the next table,whoa! I'd like to have a hidden camera in both restrooms to check out how some of you all were able to pee,I know,pervert.I digress,anyway,the overwhelming reason for the ball's great success is YOUALL,you make it your own and turn your mini-parties into one gigantic throwdown.From the personal table decorations,music and mayhem,and those hot babes all dressed in pink and black,dead people would have a good time at this bash.I've been to them all and without reservation I can say,this was one of my two bestest ever.3 reasons why,and no they aren't the 3 gorgeous women that I spent the night cavortin with,my daughter was one,but then there was DC and JG,well,no,those were the damn reasons.But then there was the music,took a lot of effort to put that divine music of the dance on for us mere mortals.LaRue and guests had to be brought in from distant venues and the only man who could accomplish this feat was good ol Dougie Cossman our resident jive master.(Doug does weddings,bithdays,holidays and adult toy parties,not)And the last on my list is,dare I repeat myself,each and everyone of of you souls that came to honor the humble plastic garden flamingo from where we draw our communal strength and undying need to paarrttaaa.Thanks to all,Happy Trails,Woody PS Checkout and/or send in the party pics on website,your webmistress is waiting whip in hand.
avenger
SPLL Board
SPLL Board

Unread postby Rosie P. » Feb 09 2009, 09:15 pm

Awww... thanks Woody! Some, ok, a lot of people in this town bleed purple and gold....but I bleed PINK! It's fun to show the love! :smt050
"Don't dream it. Be it." ~Rocky Horror Picture Show~
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby Tommy2u » Feb 27 2009, 04:28 pm

The ball was as usual.... THE BEST! I can't imagine any other Mardi Gras ball being that much fun. Weborah, kutos to you for a job well done and a stellar website! Glad Rosie introduced us at the ball, it's nice to put a face with a blog :)

To all the others I'm sure Rosie introduced me too, it was nice to meet you too!...(just wish I could remember who they were...) :beer:

Anyway, I don't do the whole blog thing much but wanted to convey my thoughts about the shindig and I am definitely ready for next year!

Until then, I'll see you at the same flamingo time and the same flamingo place...this is Tommy2u signing off! :salute:
Tommy2u
New Flocker
New Flocker

Previous

Return to Ball Discussion