29th degree of perfection

Discussion about the Parade and anything about it.

Moderators: Weborah, Moderator Team

2009 Parade

Unread postby Pink Is My Color » Feb 22 2009, 11:26 am

The parade was great. So glad that we had great weather. Already looking forward to next year.
Pink Is My Color
New Flocker
New Flocker

Location: dreaming about the float, the beads, the beer and the ride....

29th degree of perfection

Unread postby avenger » Feb 22 2009, 04:04 pm

There is always a Sunday that follows the Day of Pink and all the vague,blurry visions from that special day that unites so much of our city.So here's the picture I'm left with.On Mt Olympus where our Gods of inspiration for Mardi Gras live and party on eternally,there was a sign of their overwhelming amusement and approval for the STMG Parade antics.Did anyone miss the tears of laughter that rained down on BR after the conclusion of our monster parade? There is a travel time delay between downtown and Olympus,thankfully.I walked the majority of the parade route this year(except for the 10 blocks I mowed on CG Moulks John Deere trike,thanks CG).My bloodbrother Andre at my side and all I can share with you about that experience is this:these are hard times for so many this year(yall know the reasons)but on the parade route I was uplifted by seeing so many smiles and waves and looks of anticipation for what follows.Unlike the LSU Football games that are runners up in raising the biggest crowds here in BR,the competitive nature of the game divides the crowds into rival camps,thus diluting the communal enjoyment of the actual game.Not so with the STMG Parade.it is a unifying force of nature that brings a town divided on many other issues,together in a brotherhoodly fashion that brings tears to my eyes.I came to my 1st Mardi Gras in NO when I was 18yrs old,didn't miss another one in NO for another 18yrs.Not until I was kidnapped by the early alien settlers that founded this terrific event did I forgo my missions to the NO specticals.Each year for the last 25 I have been sucked into a wormhole that enables me to recapture times past,and relive those magical,crazy moments of my youth.This year was above and beyond what even I could have predicted.Perfect day,insane costumes and float designs,a gazzillon party goers having their own special gatherings and making indellable memories to recall in times ahead.It takes a damn good while to digest all the floats and political punches thrown yesterday,so I have many chuckles to look forward to as the parade fades into years past.In closing I would like to thank each and every soul that joins in the Bacchanalia we call the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade of parades.So many individuals to thank but here are a few of the prime culprits;Bruce,Weborah,the cops for being sooo mellow this year,David for some stupid reason,my krewe,Ervin & Judy,Laura,All the Beerboggers-Josie in particular,Jeremy & ED(wouldn't of worked without you),Lon?,Betty & Wrighley,Thor for what he didn't do,Ricci & Michelle,Zito and a multitude more.Always DC. Woody headed back to the woods.
avenger
SPLL Board
SPLL Board

Re: 29th degree of perfection

Unread postby Rosie P. » Feb 22 2009, 07:25 pm

Wow, Woody! Awesome post! I must agree that this was an incredible year for the parade and the entire season itself. Spanish Town never lets me down. Thanks to everyone involved and here's to another great year of fun times ahead !

Rosie
"Don't dream it. Be it." ~Rocky Horror Picture Show~
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby Weborah » Feb 23 2009, 05:00 pm

:haha2: :drunks:

Cheers to all that made it possible and making it all worth while!

:grouphug:

Rosie, I have a great photo of you and your Dad that I'll get to you (and in the photo section) soon! YOU my dear are the poster girl of what it's all about, you never lose your enthusiasm for the events all year long!

Always JW! :)

aka Weborah
Weborah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Rosie P. » Feb 23 2009, 05:35 pm

Aww... thanks Deborah!! That means SO much to me! I do love me some Spanish Town! :hoorah: Can't wait to see the pic!
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Unread postby avenger » Feb 23 2009, 09:03 pm

Rosie,gotta say you are the STMG seasons #1 :cheer: I met you briefly with Weborah at the Ball and I hope we can keep you as enthusiastic about STMG events for at least another 29yrs.Thanks for your support! Woody
avenger
SPLL Board
SPLL Board

Unread postby Rosie P. » Feb 23 2009, 10:56 pm

Thanks, Woody! I really appreciate that! I will do my best, on Flessie's honor! :thanks:
Rosie P.
MVP Flocker
MVP Flocker

Next

Return to Parade Discussion