Late Breaking News
- March 14, 2015
The SPLL Annual meeting, float awards and charity donations will be held on Wednesday, March 25th at 7:00 PM in the upstairs event room at IPO Restaurant (421 N 3rd St - downtown). Parading Krewe members and SPLL members are invited to attend.
- March 11, 2015
SPLL has authorized and created an official Spanish Town Mardi Gras Community page on Facebook. Please "Like" the page and invite all your friends of the Spanish Town Mardi Gras experience to do the same.
- February 17, 2015
- **Flessie has been recovered!** A huge thank you to everyone who shared the information and helped bring him home!!
- On the evening of Saturday February
14th, after the parade, Flessie was stolen
from the back of a black Dodge truck! He is an
iconic symbol of SPLL and Spanish Town Mardi Gras.
Flessie was restored and brought back to the parade this
year. He is shown in the photo below and is approximately
10' tall and was displayed at the Judges stand.
Because of the size of Flessie, persons committing this crime had to have been seen by someone as it was taken away from the downtown area. If you know where Flessie may be or know of someone who does, please contact Baton Rouge police 225-389-3800 (report File# 14311-15) or send the information you have to us through the website's contact form.
If returned no questions will be asked!!!! Please spread the word and help get Flessie returned to where he belongs!
- February 06, 2015
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi
Gras MANDATORY Driver’s and Safety Meeting will be
held Wednesday, February 11th, 7:00 PM at The Roux
House located downtown at 143 N. Third Street.
Discussion will be the parade route, lineup procedures,
safety guidelines, and hand out float numbers. The driver
and Krewe captain MUST be present.
This is an important meeting as the new route will be explained along with how to approach the staging area. All floats should approach the staging area from the North down River Road either via Choctaw Drive or Chippewa. This is a MUST as there is construction along river road. No floats will be allowed to come down Government Street to River Road. Floats attempting to use Government street will be turned around.
- January 30, 2015
- The menu for what you can order for mixers and food on the night of the 2015 Ball: Night Of Ball Order Menu
- January 28, 2015
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade Judges have been named they are: Jay Dardenne Lt. Gov., Ian Perkins of iHeartRadio, Dr. Russell Saloom, Elizabeth Vowell Reporter with Channel 9 and Patrick Mulhearn of Celtic Media Center.
- January 23, 2015
- In honor of our 2015 Spanish
Town Mardi Gras King, Shelby Holmes, SPLL would like for
each Krewe to give $30.00 and display a L.O.P.A Donate Life
Banner on their float during the Parade. SPLL will
pass out the banners with the placards at the Driver's
Please send your money to SPLL - Society for the Preservation of Lagniappe in Louisiana, P.O. Box 3262, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821
SPLL appreciates any and all help and support in getting this message out.
Read about King Shelby Holmes' Donation of Life here: http://www.nola.com/entertainment/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/11/shelby_holmes_spanish_town_par.html
- January 19, 2015
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Queen Johanna Smith invites all the Pink Faithful to join the merriment at her Queen's Party on Sunday January 25, 2015 from 2:00 - 5:00 PM at The Roux House on Third St, downtown Baton Rouge.
- January 10, 2015
- The Parade Entry List has been updated: Parade Entries
- December 31, 2014
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras
Honoring the 2015 Royal Court
All past Kings, Queens and Grand Marshals
Saturday January 17, 2015
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
124 Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA
Champagne Buffet, Cash Bar, Raffles & Silent Auction
$25 per person (by advance ticket & reservations only)
Tables can be reserved with purchase of EIGHT (8) tickets
For Tickets, Table Reservations and to RSVP
PLEASE CONTACT by January 12, 2015: Laura McDavitt (225) 241-2318 or Cherie Brumfield (225) 753-1022
Dress Code: Creative Brunch or whatever's left of your Royal Attire
Sponsored by The Spanish Town Ladies' Auxiliary, Inc. (STLA) with Proceeds to benefit local area charities
The Brunch is open to all Royalty, Krewes, SPLL and STLA members as well as their guest. Limited seating is available so please RSVP and purchase your tickets as soon as possible
- December 30, 2014
- The Parade Entry List has been updated: Parade Entries
- Have catered food and beverages waiting at your table for the 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball! Your order must be placed at least 72 hours before the event. You can Order Online - The food link is on left side of the page. Don't forget to include the name of the ball, your table number, and the number of guest along with other information asked for.
- December 02, 2014
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade Forms will be emailed this week to the contact person for all krewes who paraded in 2014. If you do not get the form by the end of the week and your krewe paraded last year, please email using the contact page on the website and the forms will be sent out to you ASAP. Please identify your krewe and supply a phone number for the contact person.
- November 25, 2014
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Theme: St. Valentine's Day Masquerade
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras King: Shelby Holmes
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Queen: Johanna Smith
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Grand Marshal: Allen Kirkpatrick
- November 13, 2014
- All 2015 Spanish Town Ball tables are Sold Out any future payments received will be returned.
- If you are looking to purchase tickets or have extra tickets you are trying to sell you can post in the forum under this topic to try and find someone else trying to buy or sell. You can also visit the hall the day of the Ball; there are usually tickets available there that people who can't attend are trying to sell.
- November 08, 2014
- A block of rooms with group rates for the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball have been reserved at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown for January 30, 2015 - February 01, 2015. The special room rate will be available until January 12th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. However, the group rate may still be available after the cut-off date, depending on availability. Make your reservations using this link: Booking Link
- November 05, 2014
- The 2015 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball applications were emailed to the contact person of last year's parading krewes Monday, November 3rd. If you have not received yours please use the contact page to contact the website administrator.