Late Breaking News
- March 07, 2013
- The 2013 SPLL Annual Meeting and Parade Awards Presentation will be Wednesday, March 27th at 7:00 PM at The Office Bar, 421 Third Street, located downtown.
- ADDRESS CORRECTION FOR SPLL ANNUAL MEETING AND PARADE AWARDS PRESENTATION: 421 Third Street (originally sent out as 241 Third Street)
- February 01, 2013
- Attention all you "Flocking" flockers... We Flock Tuesday evening, rain or shine. Wear your rubbers. Leaving from S. Harrells Ferry Road at 6:30ish PM.
- January 29, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade MANDATORY Driver’s Safety Meeting will be Wednesday, February 06, 2013 at 6:30 PM. It will be held at the Roux House, downtown. Each parading krewe MUST send one person to the driver’s meeting! The Judge's Bribery Dinner will follow the Driver's Safety Meeting at the same location.
- The 2013 Parade Judges are: Katherine Anders, Cathy Childers, Erin Cofiell, Chad Ogea and Michael Papajohn.
- January 23, 2013
- 2013 Spanish Town Ball Table Decorating: You can decorate your tables before the Ball, the hall will open on January 26 at 9:30 AM and will close at promptly 4:30 PM. No one is allowed in the loading dock area without a pass. You can drop off your things in the front then go park in the B-2 Garage. The tables are 6 feet in diameter (round). You may bring your ice chest at the time of decorating and store them underneath the table, no Styrofoam allowed. Please keep in mind there will be no utilities (electricity) available for decorations on your table, plan accordingly. No stapling into the tables or table clothes. You will not be allowed to have open flames or helium balloons. Also keep in mind that you can't use anything that would pose a fire or safety hazard, get creative. For more information on the Ball please read though the information posted on the Ball Page.
- 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras T-Shirts will be on sale Saturday Morning, January 26, at the River Center hall where the Ball will be held. They will also be sold during the Ball. The short sleeved shirts are $15 and long sleeved ones are $20; get them early while all sizes are available.
- The Official Spanish Town
Mardi Gras Parade After Party and Awards Ceremony will be
hosted by the Bald Eagle Pub, 140 Main Street, Baton Rouge,
LA 70801, on Saturday February 09, 2013. The entry fee
is $5.00. The featured bands will be One Wants and
Soulhaven. Beer and food trucks will be on site.
- January 17, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Grand Marshal Party will be at Hound Dogs after the Royalty Brunch on Saturday, Janurary 19, 2013. Come out and show your support for our Grand Marshal Gerald Woods!
- January 16, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball is SOLD OUT. If you are looking to purchase tickets or have extra tickets you are trying to sell you can post in the forum under this topic to try and find someone else trying to buy or sell. You can also visit the hall the day of the Ball, there are always tickets available at the hall that persons who can't attend are trying to sell.
- January 15, 2013
- The Driver's Safety Meeting will be held Wednesday, February 06, 2013. Time and place to be announced later.
- January 14, 2013
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye! To all within the vast realm of Her Majesty Queen Whitney Vann's Queendom! Everyone is invited to attend The Queen's Party on Friday, February 01, 2013 at 7:30. It will be held at Sullivan’s which is located at 5252 Corporate Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70808, 225-925-1161 email@example.com. For more information you can contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't forget to submit your event photos to the Photo section of the website!! If you have problems uploading to the website you can email your photos to Weborah @ SpanishTownMardiGras.com and I will post them for you. Don't forget to include the event name and year so they can be displayed in the proper album.
- January 06, 2013
- Pre ordered food online deadlines: All orders must be placed no later than 72 hours before the Ball, so it needs to be in by 5:00 on Wednesday before the Ball on Saturday. This is so all orders can be processed and to the Kitchen so they can place their order to the food distributor by Thursday to be delivered by Friday so the Kitchen staff can start preparing the food items for the night of the Ball. If anyone misses the deadline they will have to order from the menu that will be placed on each table the night of the Ball, there will be servers to take the orders and deliver it to the tables.
- January 04, 2013
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras
Honoring the 2013 Royal Court
All past Kings, Queens and Grand Marshals
Saturday January 19, 2013
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
124 Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA
Champagne Buffet, Cash Bar, Raffles & Silent Auction
$25 per person (by advance ticket & reservations only)
Tables can be reserved with purchase of 8 tickets
For Tickets, Table Reservations and to RSVP
PLEASE CONTACT: Laura McDavitt (225) 241-2318 or Cherie Brumfield (225) 753-1022
Tickets are also available for purchase at:
Elizabethan Gallery, Jefferson Hwy at Government Street and MS G's Tavern, Florida Blvd at Sharp
Dress Code: Creative Brunch or whatever's left of your Royal Attire
Sponsored by The Spanish Town Ladies' Auxiliary, Inc. with Proceeds to benefit local area charities
The Brunch is open to all Royalty, Krewes, SPLL and STLA members as well as their guest. Limited seating is available so please RSVP and purchase your tickets as soon as possible.
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras Royalty Brunch
- January 03, 2013
- The Flamingos have been cut but now they need a coat of paint to keep them warm for their trek to the Lake for nesting! We need your help on Saturday, January 05, 2013 from 10:00 AM until ?? at David Applegate's Shop, 1440 Government Street (at the railroad tracks). All are welcome to come help paint these birds.
- Order your very own Personal Flocking today! This will include your own personal flamingo (like the ones found in the lake) delivered to your door or a friend's door with beads, fireworks and more!! Don't wait too late as there are only a few offered each year. Personal Flocking deliveries are only available within a 50 mile radius of Baton Rouge, LA.
- December 05, 2012
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Dignitaries are: King Robert King, Queen Whitney Vann and Grand Marshal Gerald Woods.
- The 2013 SPLL Members List has been updated, the list can be found on the About/Join SPLL Page.
- October 31, 2012
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball Ticket Forms have been emailed to all Parading Krewe contact persons. If your Krewe has not received the application, please use the Contact Page here on the website to email SPLL stating that you did not receive them.
- September 30, 2012
Passing of Lon Hunter
Baton Rouge lost an original on September 28, 2012 at about 6:20 PM. Our friend and Member of the Board of Directors of SPLL, Lon Hunter, passed away after bravely battling lung cancer. He was co-founder of the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball and The Notorious Tosser of "Flamingo Paws" at the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade. We thank his wife, Maria Hunter, for keeping us all up to date on his condition and eventual passing.
The times for the wake and visitation is on Monday, October 01, 2012 from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. The Funeral Service and Burial will be from 8:00 AM -10:00 AM. Tuesday, October, 02, at Greenoaks, 9595 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA.
You can post your favoirte memories of Lon and your favorite photos in the Forum Topic that has been set up just for him!
- The Passing of Lon Hunter