January - June 2013 News Archive
- June 12, 2013
- The 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball and Parade Dates: The Ball will be held at the River Center on February 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM and the Parade will be on March 01, 2014 at 12:00 Noon mark your calendar now!
- May 24, 2013
- The Bowling Fundraiser will be held at Circle Bowl, 8878 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA.
- May 22, 2013
- Spanish Town Ladies’
Auxiliary BOWLING FUNDRAISER
Saturday - June 29, 2013 - 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
Its that time again- We so hope you'll join us in attending and supporting this fun event!
$30.00 per Person
($110 per team of four/lane)
3 Games of 9 pin No-Tap
(knock down 9 pins - it counts as a STRIKE!)
Fresh Made Pizza, Soft Drinks and Cash Bar
After Party at Ms. G’s Tavern
Raffle Bags - 50/50 - Jello Shots - Trophy Awards - AND MORE
Proceeds to benefit STLA Charities
For more information please contact:
Laura McDavitt - 241-2318
Sheri Girl – 324-4585
Krewe or Team Name: ____________________
Team Captain: __________________________
Contact Number: ________________________
Bowler 2: ______________________________
Bowler 3: ______________________________
Bowler 4: ______________________________
Complete and return with payment to:
STLA c/o Laura McDavitt
727 Lonita St.
Baton Rouge, La. 70815
- Spanish Town Ladies’ Auxiliary BOWLING FUNDRAISER
- March 07, 2013
- The 2013 SPLL Annual Meeting and Parade Awards Presentation will be Wednesday, March 27th at 7:00 PM at The Office Bar, 421 Third Street, located downtown.
- ADDRESS CORRECTION FOR SPLL ANNUAL MEETING AND PARADE AWARDS PRESENTATION: 421 Third Street (originally sent out as 241 Third Street)
- February 01, 2013
- Attention all you "Flocking" flockers... We Flock Tuesday evening, rain or shine. Wear your rubbers. Leaving from S. Harrells Ferry Road at 6:30ish PM.
- January 29, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade MANDATORY Driver’s Safety Meeting will be Wednesday, February 06, 2013 at 6:30 PM. It will be held at the Roux House, downtown. Each parading krewe MUST send one person to the driver’s meeting! The Judge's Bribery Dinner will follow the Driver's Safety Meeting at the same location.
- The 2013 Parade Judges are: Katherine Anders, Cathy Childers, Erin Cofiell, Chad Ogea and Michael Papajohn.
- January 23, 2013
- 2013 Spanish Town Ball Table Decorating: You can decorate your tables before the Ball, the hall will open on January 26 at 9:30 AM and will close at promptly 4:30 PM. No one is allowed in the loading dock area without a pass. You can drop off your things in the front then go park in the B-2 Garage. The tables are 6 feet in diameter (round). You may bring your ice chest at the time of decorating and store them underneath the table, no Styrofoam allowed. Please keep in mind there will be no utilities (electricity) available for decorations on your table, plan accordingly. No stapling into the tables or table clothes. You will not be allowed to have open flames or helium balloons. Also keep in mind that you can't use anything that would pose a fire or safety hazard, get creative. For more information on the Ball please read though the information posted on the Ball Page.
- 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras T-Shirts will be on sale Saturday Morning, January 26, at the River Center hall where the Ball will be held. They will also be sold during the Ball. The short sleeved shirts are $15 and long sleeved ones are $20; get them early while all sizes are available.
- The Official Spanish Town
Mardi Gras Parade After Party and Awards Ceremony will be
hosted by the Bald Eagle Pub, 140 Main Street, Baton Rouge,
LA 70801, on Saturday February 09, 2013. The entry fee
is $5.00. The featured bands will be One Wants and
Soulhaven. Beer and food trucks will be on site.
- January 17, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Grand Marshal Party will be at Hound Dogs after the Royalty Brunch on Saturday, Janurary 19, 2013. Come out and show your support for our Grand Marshal Gerald Woods!
- January 16, 2013
- The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball is SOLD OUT. If you are looking to purchase tickets or have extra tickets you are trying to sell you can post in the forum under this topic to try and find someone else trying to buy or sell. You can also visit the hall the day of the Ball, there are always tickets available at the hall that persons who can't attend are trying to sell.
- January 15, 2013
- The Driver's Safety Meeting will be held Wednesday, February 06, 2013. Time and place to be announced later.
- January 14, 2013
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye! To all within the vast realm of Her Majesty Queen Whitney Vann's Queendom! Everyone is invited to attend The Queen's Party on Friday, February 01, 2013 at 7:30. It will be held at Sullivan’s which is located at 5252 Corporate Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70808, 225-925-1161 email@example.com. For more information you can contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't forget to submit your event photos to the Photo section of the website!! If you have problems uploading to the website you can email your photos to Weborah @ SpanishTownMardiGras.com and I will post them for you. Don't forget to include the event name and year so they can be displayed in the proper album.
- January 06, 2013
- Pre ordered food online deadlines: All orders must be placed no later than 72 hours before the Ball, so it needs to be in by 5:00 on Wednesday before the Ball on Saturday. This is so all orders can be processed and to the Kitchen so they can place their order to the food distributor by Thursday to be delivered by Friday so the Kitchen staff can start preparing the food items for the night of the Ball. If anyone misses the deadline they will have to order from the menu that will be placed on each table the night of the Ball, there will be servers to take the orders and deliver it to the tables.
- January 04, 2013
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras
Honoring the 2013 Royal Court
All past Kings, Queens and Grand Marshals
Saturday January 19, 2013
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
124 Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA
Champagne Buffet, Cash Bar, Raffles & Silent Auction
$25 per person (by advance ticket & reservations only)
Tables can be reserved with purchase of 8 tickets
For Tickets, Table Reservations and to RSVP
PLEASE CONTACT: Laura McDavitt (225) 241-2318 or Cherie Brumfield (225) 753-1022
Tickets are also available for purchase at:
Elizabethan Gallery, Jefferson Hwy at Government Street and MS G's Tavern, Florida Blvd at Sharp
Dress Code: Creative Brunch or whatever's left of your Royal Attire
Sponsored by The Spanish Town Ladies' Auxiliary, Inc. with Proceeds to benefit local area charities
The Brunch is open to all Royalty, Krewes, SPLL and STLA members as well as their guest. Limited seating is available so please RSVP and purchase your tickets as soon as possible.
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras Royalty Brunch
- January 03, 2013
- The Flamingos have been cut but now they need a coat of paint to keep them warm for their trek to the Lake for nesting! We need your help on Saturday, January 05, 2013 from 10:00 AM until ?? at David Applegate's Shop, 1440 Government Street (at the railroad tracks). All are welcome to come help paint these birds.
- Order your very own Personal Flocking today! This will include your own personal flamingo (like the ones found in the lake) delivered to your door or a friend's door with beads, fireworks and more!! Don't wait too late as there are only a few offered each year. Personal Flocking deliveries are only available within a 50 mile radius of Baton Rouge, LA.