October 2011 - June 2012 News Archive
- June 07, 2012
- Spanish Town Ladies’ Auxiliary BOWLING
Saturday - June 23, 2011 - 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
$110 per Team Lane
(up to 5 members per lane)
3 Games of 9 pin No-Tap
(knock down 9 pins - it counts as a STRIKE!)
Fresh Made Pizza & Soft Drinks
After Party at Ms G's Tavern - Music by Styk 3-7
Proceeds to benefit STLA Charities
For more information please contact:
Laura McDavitt - (225) 241-2318
Sheri Girl – (225) 324-4585
Krewe or Team Name: ____________________
Team Captain: __________________________
Contact Number: ________________________
Bowler 2: ______________________________
Bowler 3: ______________________________
Bowler 4: ______________________________
Bowler 5: ______________________________
Complete and return with payment to:
STLA c/o Laura McDavitt
727 Lonita St.
Baton Rouge, La. 70815
- Spanish Town Ladies’ Auxiliary BOWLING FUNDRAISER
- March 14, 2012
- The SPLL Annual meeting, parade awards and charity donations to be held on Wednesday, March 28th at the Roux House downtown from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Mark your calendars for next year's events! The 2013 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball will be held on January 26, 2013 and the Parade will be two week later on February 09, 2013.
- February 17, 2012
- The board has decided to move the start time of the 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade back to 4:00 PM with float staging to begin at 2:00 PM. Help spread the word!
- February 16, 2012
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade WILL roll come rain or sunshine!
- The footage from the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Balls and Parade can be viewed each night between the hours of 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM at RealNewzs.com. Viewing is free this Mardi Gras season.
- February 01, 2012
- January 22, 2012
- A Photo of our 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Queen, Liz Fischer, has been added to the website on the Parade Page!
- Order your very own Personal Flocking today! This will include your own personal flamingo (like the ones found in the lake) delivered to your door or a friends door with beads, fireworks and more!! Don't wait too late as there are only a few offered each year.
- January 18, 2012
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball Tickets are being mailed out today!
- January 16, 2012
- Queen Liz Invites you to the ~
Friday, January 20th, 2012
7:00 - 11:00 pm
Ms. G's Tavern - Baton Rouge
Come out and Celebrate with Queen Liz, Donald, and a whole bunch of her friends for an evening of Pink Fun!
Attire: Creative Pink and Black
Cash Bar, Snacks Provided, Dancing, Music and loads of fun!
- Queen Liz Invites you to the ~ Queen's Party!
- January 12, 2012
- A mandatory Driver's Safety Meeting for all Parading Krewes will be held Wednesday, February, 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM at Roux House downtown. All krewe contact personnel will receive safety rules via email. A representative from each krewe MUST attend this meeting. Parade numbers will be handed out and the Judge’s Bribing will commence immediately following the safety instructions.
- Bands for the King’s Ball in Arena – Warbabies and Kenny Neal Band
- Bands for the Queen’s Ball in Ballroom – Feliciana and BR All-Star Blues Band
- January 11, 2012
- Pre-order Food Form for the 2012 Mardi Gras Balls
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras Royalty Brunch
Spanish Town Mardi Gras Royalty Brunch
Honoring the 2012 Royal Court
All past Kings, Queens and Grand Marshals
Saturday January 28, 2012 at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Lyceum Ballroom, 124 Third Street, Baton Rouge, La
Champagne Buffet, Cash Bar, Music, Raffles & Silent Auction
$25 / person by advance tickets & reservations only - Table can be reserved with purchase of 8 tickets
For Tickets, to RSVP and for Table Reservations please contact: Laura McDavitt (225) 241-2318 or Cherie Brumfield (225) 753-1022
Creative Brunch Wear or Whatever's left of your Royal Attire
Sponsored by: The Spanish Town Ladies' Auxiliary, Inc. - Proceeds benefit local area charities
- December 09, 2011
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Theme: It's Conival Time!
- Parade applications were emailed to all parading krewes Thursday night. If a parading krewe did not receive one, please contact us though the website and we'll resend.
- November 29, 2011
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Dignitaries are as follows: King – Edwin Edwards, Queen – Liz Fischer and Grand Marshal – Brian Nolan.
- The Queen's Party will be held on Friday, January 20, 2012 at Ms. G's between the hours of 7:00 PM -11:00 PM.
- November 08, 2011
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball(s) ticket applications have been emailed to all Parading Krewe contact persons. If you have not received your application, please email SPLL at Weborah@spanishtownmardigras.com and we’ll send one out to you if you qualify.
- November 02, 2011
- Ball Ticket applications for the 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Balls have not been sent out to Parading Krewes yet. Look for the application sometime next week.
- October 06, 2011
- Ticket and table sales for the 2012 Spanish Town Mardi
Gras Balls will be emailed to Parading Krewes’ contact
person in late October.
If your Krewe has not received their ticket/table application by November 1st, please email Weborah@SpanishTownMardiGras.com and it will be resent.
- Ticket and table sales for the 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Balls will be emailed to Parading Krewes’ contact person in late October.
- October 04, 2011
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball on Feb 4th, 2012
will not be held in the Baton Rouge River Convention Center
(the BIG hall) where it has been for the last six years
because the US Bowling Congress will occupy that space from
Feb. 11th to July 9th and they will be installing the
bowling lanes the whole month prior to this timeframe.
We will have simultaneous balls at the Baton Rouge River Center Arena AND the Baton Rouge River Center Ballroom on that date. Because of this change to a smaller footprint, the balls will have approximately 85 tables (850 people) less than normal. The board has decided to offer a limited number of tickets/tables to PARADING KREWES ONLY. Non-parading SPLL members and the general public will only be afforded a ticket option this year if there are any remaining after the krewes commit to their tickets. We are sorry for this situation and hope it will be just a onetime event and we’ll be back the BR River Convention Center in 2013. More details will be posted as they come available. Keep watching this website.
- The 2012 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball on Feb 4th, 2012 will not be held in the Baton Rouge River Convention Center (the BIG hall) where it has been for the last six years because the US Bowling Congress will occupy that space from Feb. 11th to July 9th and they will be installing the bowling lanes the whole month prior to this timeframe.