November 2013 - February 2014 News Archive
- June 10, 2014
- Spanish Town Ladies’
Auxiliary BOWLING FUNDRAISER
Circle Bowl, 8878 Florida Blvd
Saturday - June 28, 2014 - 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
It's that time again- We so hope you'll join us in attending and supporting this fun event!
$30.00 per Person
($110 per team of four/lane)
Includes: 3 Games of 9 pin No-Tap
(knock down 9 pins - it counts as a STRIKE!)
Fresh Made Pizza, Soft Drinks and Cash Bar
After Party at Ms. G’s Tavern
Raffle Bags - 50/50 - Jello Shots - Trophy Awards
Proceeds to benefit STLA Charities
For more information please contact:
Laura McDavitt - 241-2318
Jenny Miller – 448-5386
Krewe or Team Name: ____________________
Team Captain: __________________________
Contact Number: ________________________
Bowler 2: ______________________________
Bowler 3: ______________________________
Bowler 4: ______________________________
Complete and return with payment to:
STLA c/o Laura McDavitt
727 Lonita St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- February 10, 2014
- The 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras MANDATORY Driver’s and Safety Meeting followed by the Judge's Bribery Dinner will be held Wednesday, February 26th, 6:30 PM at The Roux House located downtown at 143 N. Third St. Discussion will be the parade route, lineup procedures, safety guidelines, and hand out float numbers. The driver or one parading krewe member MUST be present. Judges’ bribing will commence right after the safety meeting.
- 2014 Parade Safety Letter
- February 01, 2014
- SPLL Board Member, Max
LaBranche, passed away yesterday afternoon, January
31, 2014. The SPLL Board ask that this year's Spanish Town
Mardi Gras Parade be dedicated to him and ask all Parade
riders to wear a black armband.
- January 31, 2014
- 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Parade Judges: Phil Cangelosi, Whitney Vann, Jim McGuire, Tom Waite and Elizabeth Vowell
- January 23, 2014
- Have catered food and beverages waiting at your table for the 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball! Your order must be placed at least 72 hours before the event. You can Order Online or print and fax your order using Menu and Order Form. Don't forget to include the name of the ball, your table number, and the number of guest along with other information asked for.
- The Queen's Party, hosted by Queen Laken Boudreaux, will be this Saturday, January, 25, 2014, at the Bald Eagle Pub downtown. It will start at 7:00 PM. There will be a band, food and $5.00 drink specials (Flamingo Fuel & PPs) along with $2.00 domestic beer.
- 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras T-shirts will be for sale at the Queen's Party (January 25, 2014), the Royalty Brunch (February 8, 2014) and the Driver's Meeting (tentative date February 26, 2014).
- January 09, 2014
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Everyone is
invited to attend The King's Party hosted
by King Gil Leachman on Saturday, January 18, 2014,
at The Station Bar and Grill on Bennington Avenue. The
revelry begins at 7:00 PM. Rachel Halleck is the featured
band. Drink specials include King Gil's shot known as Pussy
Galore along with other shots; Jameson Shot Girls will be
making an appearance. Domestic beer specials of $2.25 will
be offered from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Put on your best pink
attire and come join the festivities. This is a NON smoking
- Spanish Town Mardi Gras
Honoring the 2014 Royal Court
All past Kings, Queens and Grand Marshals
Saturday February 08, 2014
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
124 Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA
Champagne Buffet, Cash Bar, Raffles & Silent Auction
$25 per person (by advance ticket & reservations only)
Tables can be reserved with purchase of 8 tickets
For Tickets, Table Reservations and to RSVP
PLEASE CONTACT: Laura McDavitt (225) 241-2318 or Cherie Brumfield (225) 753-1022
Dress Code: Creative Brunch or whatever's left of your Royal Attire
Sponsored by The Spanish Town Ladies' Auxiliary, Inc. with Proceeds to benefit local area charities
The Brunch is open to all Royalty, Krewes, SPLL and STLA members as well as their guest. Limited seating is available so please RSVP and purchase your tickets as soon as possible
- January 07, 2014
- The 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Theme: Flamingo Dynasty
- The Parade Entries list has been update.
- January 03, 2014
- A block of rooms with group
rates for the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball have been
reserved at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown for
February 15, 2014 - February 16, 2014. The special
room rate will be available until January 25th or until the
group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
However, the group rate may still be available after the
cut-off date, depending on availability.
Members of the group will be able to make reservations using one of the following:
1) Use the booking link below
2) Go to www.hamptonbatonrouge.com, click “Book Now” under the Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown link, enter the travel dates and the group code STB
3) Call the hotel and have a Guest Service agent assist you.
Please remember to use the Group Name or Group Code when/if you should call to make your reservations.
Link: Booking Link
Group code: STB
Group name: Spanishtown Mardi Gras Ball
- A block of rooms with group rates for the Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball have been reserved at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown for February 15, 2014 - February 16, 2014. The special room rate will be available until January 25th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. However, the group rate may still be available after the cut-off date, depending on availability.
- December 21, 2013
- December 16, 2013
- The 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Dignitaries have been announced: King Gil Leachman, Queen Laken Boudreaux and Grand Marshal Jay Dardenne.
- The 2014 Theme has not been announced yet; keep checking back for more information.
- December 14, 2013
- The 2014 Parade Letters and Entry Forms have been emailed. If any parading krewe has not gotten them by email please contact us so they can be emailed to you.
- December 13, 2013
- The 2014 Spanish Town Parading Krewe's Ball Applications have been emailed to all Parading Krewe contact persons. If you have not received your application please contact us though the website.
- December 02, 2013
- The 2014 Spanish Town Mardi Gras Ball bands have been announced! The headlining band, Steve Cropper backed by Louisiana's LeRoux w/ Jimmy Hall of Wet Willie will play from 7:30 PM until 9:30 PM with Chris LeBlanc, the opening band, playing from approximately 10:45 PM until 1:00 AM; yes, that's right, the opening band will close the show.
- November 23, 2013
- The 2014 Spanish Town Parading Krewe's Ball Applications have been delayed, you should receive the application in the coming weeks.
- The SPLL Membership List has been updated.
- November 11, 2013
- It's that time again! The 2014 Spanish Town Parading Krewe's Ball Applications will be emailed soon. Be on the lookout for the applications sometime next week. Parade applications will be in a separate email starting the first or second week of December.